Every autumn, homeowners across the country wonder whether it is time to replace their old heating unit. After all, a new heating system offers increased efficiency and performance; saving money on winter heating costs and improving home comfort.
Telltale signs that it may be time to replace your current unit:
- Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up.
- Your heating system is too noisy.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold.
- Your home has humidity problems or excessive dust.
Once you have made the decision to invest in a new heating system, there are number of things to consider, including finding the right contractor, choosing the right system, properly sizing your system for maximum efficiency and seeing if you qualify for a rebate. We’ve made the process easier by connecting you to the resources you need. Learn more at ConsumersEnergy.com/heating.