2016 SmartArt People’s Choice Award
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by the Consumers Energy Foundation (“Sponsor”), One Energy Plaza, Jackson, MI 49201 and Grand Rapids Public Schools.
- Voting: Contest Voting begins on September 20th, 2016 at 3 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 30th, 2016 at 3 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
- Disqualification, Modification and Cancelation: Any Entrant who attempts or encourages, either directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, or uses any device, service or artifice to enter false Entries, as determined by the Administrator, will be disqualified and any and all prizes to which the Entrant may have been awarded or entitled will be canceled.
- Contest Prizes and Odds of Winning: The 2016 SmartArt People’s Choice Award prize consist of: One (1) $200 Visa gift card to be given to the Winner and one (1) $200 office supply gift card to be given to the Winner’s art teacher. In the event that a programming, technical or any other reason(s) causes more than the stated number of prizes to be claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes (previously not awarded) by random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claimants. Limit one (1) Grand Prize per Winner during the Contest Period. Winner must accept prizes as specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited. Any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced. Prizes are non-transferrable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winners agree to accept the prize “as is”, and Entrants hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the prize. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received and the amount of total Likes, Shares and Comments on Consumers Energy’s Facebook. Allow 3 to 4 weeks for prize in-person following notification process.
- Privacy: Entry into this Contest requires the Entrant to provide certain personal information in order that the prize can be taken to the winner. By participating, you acknowledge that the Sponsor and its Subcontractors have the right to use and/or publicize your name and likeness for promotional purposes.
- Limitations of Liability: By participating, Entrant releases Facebook, the Sponsor and its Subcontractors, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Contest, including unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or nonuse of the prize that may be awarded; acknowledges that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or law, relative to the prize; and waives any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules.
- Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Michigan, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Contest, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Michigan having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and Participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each Entry will be declared made by the Account Holder at time of the Contest. The Account Holder is deemed to be the person who is a Consumers Energy Employee. With respect to any winning selection, the winner may be required to provide Administrator with proof that the person is a Consumers Energy employee. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest.
- Winners List: Official Contest Winner will be available on September 30th, 2016 by 5 p.m. on the Consumers Energy Facebook page at Facebook.com/consumersenergymichigan.