Like kids, Consumers Energy is always curious. Eager to ask questions and find the best possible answers, you can say that we are on a mission to power Michigan smarter. Because of this, we understand the importance of nurturing the next generation of geniuses who can help us power our state.
That’s why we’ve worked to develop resources for parents and teachers to inspire an interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) careers at an early age, while also teaching the importance of energy safety. Below are five resources you can take advantage of today:
- EmPOWERed Kids app – Our interactive app introduces topics such as how we make electricity with renewables and non-renewables and how to be safe with it. Simply download ourEmPOWERed Kids app in the App or Play Store to get started.
- Website resources – We have an abundance of resources available for K-12 grade students ranging from lesson plans, activities and games. Our online resources are not only engaging but they correlate with Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCE).
- Free classroom presentations – Teachers in Consumers Energy territory schools can request two classroom presentations from an energy expert:EmPOWERED Kids and Respect the Flags.
- Impression 5 Energy Day – We’re proud to work with Impression 5 Science Center in Lansing to host our annual energy day on Oct. 1 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Parents and their kids will have the opportunity to learn how to make solar-powered ovens and explore water wheels. Click for more details on activities and admission costs.
- Energy expert patch – Did you know girl scouts and cub scouts can earn a badge for being an energy expert? Let your kids’ scout leader know of our free workbooks and patches.
Learn more about how we’re working with parents and teachers to power our future by visiting ConsumersEnergy.com/kids.