Anyone can make a promise. But only those with true character can keep one. That’s why we’ve dedicated ourselves to one, single promise: Delivering you the energy you need, whenever you need it.
But don’t take our word for it. When it comes to reliability, the numbers tell the story. In 2015, we’ve taken the following steps to improve energy reliability statewide:
- 104 NEW SUBSTATION PROJECTS IMPLEMENTED. Upgrading and securing substations from potential damage creates a safer environment for people and wildlife while making sure we can meet everyone’s energy needs.
- 9,490 EQUIPMENT CONNECTIONS UPGRADED to prevent outages and minimize downtimes. We replace worn equipment on poles to fix small problems before they turn into bigger ones.
- 3,509 POLES REPLACED. We’re replacing more poles than any time in company history, as new poles provide years of reliable service and are more resistant to potential storm damage.
- 8,916 MILES OF POWER LINES INSPECTED AND REPAIRED based on a national best practice, six-year inspection cycle. Our preventative maintenance keeps lines in the air and maximizes safety before outages occur.
- 5,117 MILES OF POWER LINES PROTECTED BY TREE TRIMMING. We’ve expanded tree trimming, under the advisement of our certified arborists, because interference from nearby tree branches is the #1 cause of power outages.
When it comes from 130 years of unrelenting dedication to Michigan, you can count on us to provide reliable energy for your business. Click to learn more.