Nearly 70 Michigan businesses were recently honored by Consumers Energy for helping households lower costs through energy efficiency.
Ecotelligent Homes, based in Farmington Hills, was recognized for Sustained Commitment to Excellence in Home Performance. Founded in 2009, the company has 10 employees ranging from energy auditors to installers. Owner Amanda Godward is passionate about customer service and promoting women in the industry.
“Our goal is to provide excellent service for improved comfort and sustainability in a friendly and confident manner,” said Godward, who also gives back to the community and promotes her business on social media.
Like Consumers Energy, all the businesses recognized help support Michigan’s economy and deliver customer satisfaction with energy efficiency. In fact, the total network of 800 trade allies across the state has helped customers save $1 billion on energy bills since 2009.
“We are a Michigan-based company, working with a large network of Michigan businesses to deliver savings that are powering our state’s economy,” said Garrick Rochow, Consumers Energy’s vice president and chief customer officer. “The businesses that support our energy efficiency programs are putting people to work directly in Michigan as they help others reduce their energy use and manage their monthly energy costs.”
The Excellence in Energy Efficiency Awards were presented in the Champions Club at Michigan International Speedway, which has used energy efficiency to reduce its operating costs and is the greenest racetrack in NASCAR.
The following Michigan companies were among those honored:
- Bel-Aire Heating and Air Conditioning – Based in Grand Rapids, the company was honored for its commitment to the heating, cooling and water heating program, as well as the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program. It has helped deliver over $1.4 million in customer rebates since 2009.
- Energy Saver – The Lansing company was recognized for its work in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, generating nearly $770,000 in customer rebates since 2011.
- The Insulation Man Inc. – The Macomb County-based company was honored as the top performing contractor for the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program and for outstanding customer experience in the insulation and windows program.
- Randazzo Mechanical HVAC – The Macomb County-based company delivered the most total natural gas savings for customers and was named top performing contractor in the heating, cooling and water heating program. Randazzo Mechanical also has been nominated for a Governor’s Energy Excellence Award.
- Vredevoogd Heating and Cooling – The company, based in Kent County, delivered the most total electric savings for customers in the heating, cooling and water heating program.
- Cobblestone Homes – The Saginaw-based company was honored for its participation in the new home construction program, and has also been nominated for a Governor’s Energy Excellence Award. Last year, it was one of four homebuilders in the nation to receive an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award.
LEARN MORE: Consumers Energy offers a variety of energy efficiency solutions for homes and businesses: www.ConsumersEnergy.com/save