Here are five ways Consumers Energy is working – as a company and with you – to build a sustainable future for Michigan.
1. Reducing our carbon footprint by 25 percent after retiring seven coal‑fired units earlier this month in Michigan.
2. Giving Michigan businesses and residents an opportunity to develop the next generation of renewable energy in our state through our Solar Gardens community solar program.
3. Carrying out sustainable business practices with specific goals:
- Save 1 million cubic yards of landfill space through 2019 – double the amount we currently recycle
- Reduce water use by 20 percent by 2020 (compared to 2012)
- Promote sustainable business practices among our suppliers
4. Helping homes and businesses save over $1 billion with energy efficiency rebates and programs since 2009.
5. And with about 650,000 customers now getting their bill electronically, we all are helping save about 110 tons of paper and 2 million gallons of water each year with paperless billing and payments. Click to sign up for eBill.
Let’s continue making a difference together. Click to find an Earth Day activity near you.