Nothing cures the winter blues like a vacation. Whether you’re traveling during spring break or preparing for a summer trip, making safety top priority will ensure a fun, memorable vacation for the entire family.
Six Safety Tips for a Carefree Vacation
No one wants to spend their vacation worrying. Follow these safety tips to ensure a relaxing trip:
- Keep Your Plans Off Social Media- Don’t post your vacation plans on social media. Keeping plans private may prevent a thief from knowing you’re away.
- Place a Hold on Your Mail- Letting mail pile up could be an easy way to inform criminals you aren’t home. Place a hold on your mail at holdmail.usps.com.
- Make a Copy of Important Identification- Be sure to make copies of photo IDs and passports. Keep them in a safe place in case you need them. This is especially important if you plan to travel out of the country.
- Check Your Health Insurance- Not all companies cover travel abroad. Check with your health insurance provider to see if your family is covered before leaving the country.
- Bring Sunscreen- The closer you travel to the equator, the better the chance for a sunburn. Bring and apply sunscreen frequently to prevent burns, premature aging, a change in skin texture, and even skin cancer.
- Be Alert Near Water- Know your surroundings when boating or swimming, follow all beach rules and watch for hazards. By being alert, you could prevent injury or death to yourself or others.