As we say goodbye to 2014 and hello to 2015, Consumers Energy is proud to share a number of accomplishments from the past year.
We worked hard to serve our customers and improve our communities. In 2014, Consumers Energy:
- Created a severe weather assistance team that made more than 125,000 calls to help customers manage their bills during the Polar Vortex
- Launched the Slow Down and Go Around campaign to ensure a safe work environment for our crews
- Accelerated the plan to bring smart meters to homes and businesses two years early
- Raised more than $300,000 to help customers with their heating bills by participating in Walks for Warmth
- Gave $9 million in contributions to Michigan nonprofit organizations
- Recycled 100,000 refrigerators
- Increased in-state spending to $150 million to help grow Michigan’s economy
- Built a 24-mile long pipeline to transport affordable and reliable natural gas to customers
- Implemented a nationally recognized Incident Command System to improve emergency response
- Opened new LEED Certified Service Centers to better assist customers
- Completed and opened the Cross Winds Energy Park to meet the 10 percent renewable energy goal one year ahead of schedule
Thank you to all Consumers Energy employees, retirees and volunteers, and to our residential and business customers, for helping make 2014 such a successful year.