José Rivera Fuertes Jr. is a Consumers Energy Electric Employee Development Consultant who trains entry-level apprentices, journeymen lineworkers and lineworkers-in-charge at the Marshall Training Center. Fuertes teaches the necessary skills needed to perform efficient electrical work like splicing cables and fixing transformers in the safest possible way.
Marshall Training Center: The Stats
Consumers Energy’s Marshall Training Center was rebuilt in 2008 and includes:
- 5 acres of land which contains poles, electric lines and transmission systems for training
- A main building with six large classrooms and three labs
- An indoor training area with 23 training poles and an underground substation vault
- A renewable energy center
- Two wind turbines and a fixed-panel solar array which power the Marshall buildings and are used to teach renewable energy to trainees
LEED Certified to Lead the Way
The Marshall Training Center is also built with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards, part of our environmental commitment. This means the buildings use materials, energy and other resources more efficiently like:
- Carefully positioned skylights
- Sensors that trigger lights on and off when people use training classrooms
- An advanced insulated design that includes renewable and recyclable materials
Check out more information on Consumers Energy’s environmental commitment.