Residential customers who request new energy service from Consumers Energy or move within our service territory are required to provide identity validating information. This complies with the federal Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACTA) and helps strengthen the protections that Consumers Energy has in place to safeguard the information of its customers.
Consumers Energy representatives WILL NEVER CALL AND ASK YOU for:
- Your Consumers Energy eServices account password or user ID
- Your credit card or financial institution user ID or password
- Credit card numbers and/or financial account numbers
- Your full Social Security number, driver’s license number or state ID number
- You to send your payments to non-company payment centers
If you believe your personal information has been fraudulently used to open or conduct transactions within a Consumers Energy account, please call us at (800) 477-5050.