After more than 125 years of supplying Michigan with safe, affordable and reliable energy, we have issued our first-ever Accountability Report detailing our efforts to continue meeting Michigan’s energy needs.
The 20-page report offers an in-depth look at our performance and commitment to be the best in class among the Midwest’s energy utilities. The report also highlights our commitment to Michigan businesses, as well as our corporate citizenship and role in making the state’s air the cleanest it has been in a generation. Download 2013 Accountability Report
Consumers Energy is committed to making the right, sustainable choices to serve our customers safely and affordably and to act responsibly as a corporate citizen. That means holding ourselves accountable to the highest standards of safety, operational performance and ethical behavior, and complying with all laws, rules and regulations that govern our industry.
Among the report’s highlights:
- We have been Michigan’s second-leading investor since 2008. Our commitment to increase spending with Michigan-based businesses by $1 billion over five years through the Pure Michigan Business Connect initiative is in addition to the $2 billion the company spends annually in Michigan on goods and services.
- We are spending $7 billion on renewable energy, environmental quality, energy efficiency, energy reliability and natural gas and electric infrastructure from 2013 to 2017.
- We are on track to provide 10 percent of our electricity from renewable sources to customers by 2015. We are investing in wind, solar, biomass and hydroelectric renewable energy sources.
- Giving by the company, its corporate foundation, employees and retirees has more than doubled since 2009, to $10 million in 2012.
- Air emissions from the company’s generating plants have fallen significantly since 2007 and are projected to continue falling through this decade. Mercury emissions are expected to decrease by 83 percent from 2007 to 2020.