They say a picture is worth a thousand words. In the “This is My Michigan” online photo contest, your picture could be worth $1,000. But you have to hurry, the contest ends June 3.
To celebrate the state we live and work in, the Consumers Energy Green Generation team is sponsoring the statewide contest for its residential and business customers 13 years or older. A total of 20 prizes will be awarded, including a Michigan vacation; nine $1,000 Gift of Energy cards, and ten $1,000 ENERGY STAR® appliance gift cards.
From sunsets and coastlines to backyards and bonfires, show us what you love about our great state. You can even submit pictures from your smartphone or Facebook account. Register today at www.ThisIsMyMichigan.com.
“At Consumers Energy, part of building a sustainable energy future for Michigan includes supporting the communities we serve in big ways and small, and this contest does just that,” said Green Generation Program Manager Thomas Shirilla.
What you need to you know about the contest:
- Photo entries from Michigan residents 13 years and older can be uploaded online at: www.ThisIsMyMichigan.com through June 3.
- Consumers Energy’s Green Generation program will plant one tree for every completed contest registration, up to 5,000 trees.
- Consumers Energy customers who register on the website, complete trivia questions and vote will be eligible to win additional prizes.
- June 4-10 the top 10 finalists will be selected based on creativity, quality of submission and best fit to theme.
- Public voting from June 11 through July 8 will help determine the Grand Prize photo winner, which will be announced on July 12.
Consumers Energy’s Green Generation program helps reduce dependence on traditional energy sources and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Supply for the Green Generation program is Michigan-made, with renewable energy supply coming from wind and landfill gas sources. Green Generation was launched in 2005, and currently has nearly 17,000 customers enrolled in the program. For more information go to www.greengeneration.com.