Michigan Home Heating Credits Now Available

Posted on January 30, 2013. Filed under: Uncategorized |

HHC2012GuidelinesLow-income customers of Consumers Energy can get help with their winter energy bills by applying for a Michigan Home Heating Credit (HHC) for the 2012 tax year.  

Instruction booklets and forms are available online or by calling the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4486. More than 75 percent of the HHCs were e-filed in 2012. For those people who file a tax return, the Michigan Department of Treasury encourages them to e-file their returns because it speeds processing and reduces errors for the HHC. To find an authorized e-file provider and information on free e-file services, visit Treasury’s website: MIFastFile.org.

Individuals may apply for the HHC even if they do not file a tax return.

In addition, forms will be available at many libraries and post offices in Northern Michigan and Department of Human Services branch offices across the state. Heating assistance information is available at www.michigan.gov/heatingassistance.

Consumers Energy also offers additional payment plans and assistance programs for seniors, low-income, military and others. The Michigan Public Service Commission also offers energy-saving tips and other information to help consumers BeWinterWise.

Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 576 other followers

%d bloggers like this: