Are you a residential electric customer? Do you have an old refrigerator or freezer sitting in your garage or basement? If it’s more than 15 years old, it is using up to four times more energy than today’s refrigerators and could be costing you $150 a year in electricity!
Let us pick up that energy wasting second refrigerator or freezer before August 31, we’ll recycle it in an environmentally safe way and give you $50!
You can earn a rebate and start saving money in 3 easy steps:
- Clean out your working old second fridge or freezer – It’s a major energy waster and it’s time to go. Refrigerators and freezers must be in working condition, cleaned out and between 10 cubic feet and 30 cubic feet in size.
- Schedule a pickup from JACO Environmental – We have teamed up with JACO Environmental, a leading appliance recycling company, to ensure refrigerators and freezers are handled responsibly. Schedule your pick-up today by filling out the online form or calling (877) 270-3519.
- JACO picks up your fridge – JACO will pick-up your refrigerator or freezer at the scheduled time and send you a rebate in four to six weeks. Someone age 18 years or older must be present to sign and release the unit at pickup.
As a member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Responsible Appliance Disposal program (RAD) Consumers Energy ensures that:
• Refrigerant is recovered and reclaimed or destroyed
• Foam is recovered and reclaimed or destroyed
• Metals, plastic, and glass are recycled
• PCBs, mercury, and used oil are recovered and properly disposed
A total of 10,257 units have been picked up since January. Don’t wait! Schedule your pick up today.