If you know of a service club, fire department or charitable organization looking for practical gifts to spread holiday cheer, gift certificates from Consumers Energy may be just the idea to fulfill their mission. Buying a Gift of Energy certificate for someone in need is truly a heart-warming act this time of year. Many service clubs, charitable organizations and emergency responders, including fire departments, buy multiple Gift of Energy certificates and provide them to neighbors in need.
Those receiving gift certificates just mail them in with their monthly Consumers Energy bill payment, and the amount of the certificate is deducted from the bill total. Certificates cannot be redeemed for cash. The certificates are available in amounts of $10, $20, $25 and $50. The gift certificates don’t have the buyer’s name on them, so if desired, you can anonymously help someone in your family, your neighborhood, or your place of worship.
In addition to the credit unions listed below, certificates are also available at Consumers Energy bill payment offices, or can be purchased through the mail by sending a check or money order. Requests should be sent to: Consumers Energy, P.O. Box 30079, Lansing, Mich. 48937-0001. Credit card charges are not accepted for gift certificates.
Credit Unions Selling Consumers Energy Gift of Energy Certificates
- Brooklyn, CP Federal Credit Union, 400 S. Main (Inside Pamida)
- Burton, ELGA Credit Union, 2303 S. Center
- Clawson, Clawson Community Credit Union, 625 N. Main Street
- Davison, ELGA Credit Union, 8415 Davison
- Flushing, ELGA Credit Union, G-6238 Pierson Road
- Jackson, CP Federal Credit Union, various locations, use the link to the credit union for the nearest location
- Parma, CP Federal Credit Union, 124 W. Main
This product/service is not regulated by the Michigan Public Service Commission.