This month we are rolling out a new bill format for commercial, industrial and non-residential customers. This follows the September 2010 roll-out of a new bill to residential and large business customers. The enhanced bill provides relevant account information in a more reader-friendly format.
The changes, the first in nearly two decades, were driven by customer comments and a review of bill formats from other companies. Here is a quick overview of the new bill:
- New two-column format: Detailed energy charges are on the left and a summary of charges on the right, giving options for those who want information in a quick glance and those who prefer a more comprehensive breakdown of charges.
- Pay stub: 12-digit account number, date due and amount due are clearly identified on the payment stub.
- Summary of charges: This section includes current programs or payment plans in which customers participate and their next scheduled meter read date.
- Personalized graph with 13 months of energy use: A new graph details energy use for the past 13 months. The section also includes energy use per day and the cost per day.
What’s Not Changing
- Emergencies/Outages: Please continue to report natural gas leaks at (800) 889-1252. Continue to report electric outages at (800) 805-0490, press 2.
- Your Account Number: Customer account numbers will remain the same.
- Size of bill: The bill paper size will remain the same.
Here are some resources to help answer your questions about the new bill: